LEAGUE OF WOMEN VOTERS ®
VISION, BELIEFS AND INTENTIONS
Our goal is to empower citizens to shape better communities. We are a nonpartisan political membership organization, which:
The League of Women Voters Education Fund is a nonpartisan public policy educational organization which:
- Advocates the exercise of citizenship responsibilities.
- Builds and expands citizen participation in the democratic process.
- Educates the public about the relationship between the vote and responsive and accountable government.
- Acts after study and member agreement to achieve solutions in the public interest on key community issues at all government levels.
- Engages communities in promoting positive solutions to public policy issues through education and advocacy.
We believe in:
- Builds citizen participation in the democratic process for all ages.
- Studies key community issues at all government levels in an unbiased manner.
- Enables people to seek positive solutions to public policy issues through education and conflict management.
- Respect for individuals.
- The value of diversity.
- The empowerment of the grassroots; both within the League and in communities.
- Act with trust, integrity and professionalism.
- Operate in an open and effective manner to meet the needs of those we serve, both members and the public.
- Take the initiative in seeking diversity in membership.
- Commit to being a force for positive change.
Engage civic partners to "Make Democracy Work".